We aim to bring together surgical trainees with an interest in transplantation surgery, and to represent and support such trainees.
Membership of the Herrick Society is open to all specialty registrars and clinical or research fellows with a declared interest in transplant surgery in the United Kingdom.
The club was refounded at the BTS Congress in 2004. It changed its name from the Carrel Club to the Herrick Society in January 2019 following consultation with members.
What membership provides
- Access to the Herrick Society discussion list
- Notifications about upcoming job opportunities
- Notifications about upcoming training courses
- The opportiunity to attend Herrick Society events and meetings
- Opportunity to participate in the Herrick Society Research Collaborative
- A voice in developing the CCT requirements for transplant trainees