This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us (the British Transplantation Society) under which you may access our website www.bts.org.uk (the ”Site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
www.bts.org.uk is a Site operated by the British Transplantation Society (we or us). We are a registered charity (registered charity no 1098584) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 4691176. Our registered office is at St James House, Vicar Lane, Sheffield S1 2EX..
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
- Discussion forums
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards (below).
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (“Contributions”), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
When accessing or using the Members Only section of the Site you must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
You must not disclose your password to any other person. Promptly notify the BTS secretariat if you suspect, or become aware of, any unauthorised use of this Site or of your password.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable laws in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
You must not post any message:
- which is disruptive or which generates complaints;
- the subject or content of which is unrelated to the subject matter of the forum to which it is posted;
- that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, menacing, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or pornographic;
- that intimidates, threatens, is abusive, hostile or otherwise offensive towards another person;
- that invades another’s privacy, causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- that is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- which promotes criminal or unlawful activity or which may be legally actionable;
- which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- which can be used for commercial purpose or gain, including advertising or attempting to sell items for personal gain;
- which infringes any intellectual property rights of any other person;
- which is untrue, misleading, false or likely to deceive any person;
- which is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- which is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- which gives the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case; or
- which advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You must not post any material on this Site which includes identifiable or potentially identifiable material.Any material posted on the Site in breach of this term will be removed and user membership will be revoked.
You must obtain all necessary permissions if you use this Site to receive, upload, download, display, transmit, distribute, perform or execute materials, programs or other works protected by intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or confidence.
You may not seek redress from the BTS if you suffer loss or damage, or if you are harmed, defamed or offended by material or information which is posted on this Site.
You must not obtain unauthorised access to any data or system; or introduce anything that might corrupt, damage or render inaccessible any software, data or system.
The executive reserves the right to delete, archive, make unavailable, modify or comment on any part of the website or message boards.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Site.