The British Transplantation Society is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is The British Transplantation Society, Chester House, 68 Chestergate, Macclesfield, SK11 6DY
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Our website www.bts.org.uk (the “Site”) does not store or capture personal information. The Site does log the user’s IP address and this will be kept as a record of your visit for a period of time not exceeding six months. Session cookies are used that expire upon the user leaving the Site. You can, should you choose, disable cookies from your browser.
When you access the ‘Members Only’ part of the Site, information provided by you will not be used for any other purpose apart from the following:
· for internal record keeping
· to improve our services
· to carry out membership administration
· to inform you about changes and improvements to our Site and services
· to monitor use of the Site
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
The BTS Site contains links to other sites, but we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these sites.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or in the following circumstances, where we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1988 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.