The British Urology Transplant Society (BUTS) was founded in 2017 as a forum to combine skills, share expertise, discuss complex cases and educate surgeons/clinicians about the urological aspects of renal transplantation.
This society has been set up by consultant surgeons in the UK with expertise in both transplantation and urology. BUTS is a non-profit, professional organisation.
- To provide a platform for conversation about urological issues in transplant patients.
- Bring together national and international expert opinion to guide best practice.
- To promote excellence in dealing with the urological aspects of renal transplantation.
- Membership/associate membership open to all medical and allied healthcare professionals including (but not limited to) urologists, nephrologists, transplant surgeons and nurse specialists/practitioners
- Multidisciplinary discussion
- Audit & Research
- Lead national pathways & guidance e.g. aimed at expanding the donor pool in donors with small renal masses
- Provide a platform for conversation about urological issues in transplant patients
BUTS is a multidisciplinary society. Membership is open to nephrologists, radiologists, surgeons/urologists, nurses, trainees, medical students, technicians, researchers and any other interested health care professionals both in the UK and internationally. Currently membership is free.
- Updates about and invites to attend future scientific meetings
- Access to a network of experts
- Career Advice
- News about Transplant Urology Fellowships and posts
- Access to password protected guidelines, links, exam questions and meeting content including state of the art lectures and complex case discussion
- Case/MDT discussions cannot constitute formal clinical opinion
- Terms of reference should be reviewed every three years