https://bts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/BTS_LOGO.jpg 0 0 Peter Beckwith https://bts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/BTS_LOGO.jpg Peter Beckwith2016-08-09 13:07:482016-11-08 10:49:57Points of business
- World Transplant Games – The bid for the WTG in 2019 was a closely fought ‘battle’ between Newcastle and Houston. I am pleased to announce the UK (Newcastle) won. Congratulations.
- Peer review – The Kidney and Kidney/Pancreas Unit peer review is to start in September. The Liver review will follow soon after.
- CRGs – Future plans have just been announced. I hope some of you applied – as we need transplantation to be well represented.
- BTS Bursary – The society supported Dr. Emmanuel Liche an overseas surgeon from Zambia. He attended the ASGBI in Belfast and intends to come back and visit some of the Transplant units. I will keep you posted. (See attached photo)
- The BTS Foundation – Council approved a plan to develop a charitable arm of the BTS to support future charitable deeds the society feels should be supported. These may include supporting research and education and training in developing countries. I hope to give an update soon.
- BAME support – Kirit Mistry has asked for volunteers from the membership to get involved in supporting BAME activities and rally’s. Please see the attached application form and his contact details if you are able to help.
- Transplant and Life – This is a ground-breaking programme of events and commissioned artworks to explore organ transplantation and engage with issues of patient care to enrich health education. It will be held at the Hunterian museum of the RCS in London from November. But alongside the exhibition, there is another interesting development which the College want to progress – a module on Transplantation as part of their new on-line PG cert in Surgery. The BTS, with its’ strong training remit, might play a role in developing / planning / delivering this.
- Thursday 24/11 – Friday 25/11 – Save the date for Living Donor and Ethics
- ‘Other Meetings’ – BTS Pancreas and Islet Guidelines meeting – 28th September, London hosted by Chris Callaghan
- Congress 2017 1st-3rd March 2017, HIC, Harrogate:-
Dates for your diaries
- Thursday 15 September – Call for papers notification
- Thursday 15 September – Open congress registration
- Thursday 15 September – Publish outline program
- Wednesday 23 – November Call for Papers closes
- Friday 25/9 to Thursday 8/12 – Review abstracts
- Monday 12 December – Abstract Review meeting
- Thursday 15 December – Authors notified
- Sunday 31 January – Early bird registration ends