Travelling Fellowships will usually be awarded annually. Their aim is to benefit transplant patients and to commemorate the work of the St John Ambulance Air Wing 1972-1993.
- The purpose of the awards is to enable the recipient to visit other Transplant Centres in the United Kingdom or abroad to widen their knowledge and experience.
- Awards of up to £10,000 each will be made in 2019-20.
- Applications are invited from workers in all aspects of transplantation. These may include basic scientists, surgeons, physicians, nurses and others whose work benefits transplant patients.
- Applicants should be resident in the United Kingdom.
- Applications should include a summary (of not more than 1000 words) of the proposed visit, the particular interests of the units to be visited and the expected benefits in terms of:
I. What is your role in transplant medicine
II. How would you summarise your project if you were explaining it to someone with no medical background
III. How will your project make a real difference to transplant patients
- Agreement from the Centres to be visited should be obtained before application.
- Applications should include a short curriculum vitae and be accompanied by a supporting letter from the applicant’s head of department and a statement of support from the visiting department.
- Applications must be made by email.
- Applications must include the estimated total cost of your project and the amount that you are applying for to St John Ambulance. Appropriate receipts must be available for inspection.
- Awards will be paid in two parts. 75% when awards are made and the final 25% when a report of the project has been received.
- A report for possible publication will be expected within six weeks of the visit.
- Any award is at the discretion of the selection committee convened by The Priory of England and the Islands, whose decision is final.
- The closing date for applications is 31st March 2019
Download Application Form
For further information please contact:
Clinical Team Coordinator
Telephone No: 020 7324 4284