Advanced Kidney Care Symposium 2024
8 February 2024, 09:00 to 17:00 at Fetal Medicine Research Institute, 16-20 Windsor Walk, SE5 8BB
Hosted by: Centre for Nephrology, Urology and Transplantation – King’s College
Realising that you have advanced kidney disease can be life changing and frightening. Advanced kidney care clinics were set up to support patients through this phase by understanding the patient, providing extensive education and supporting them to make their best treatment choices. Join us for this new multi-disciplinary day looking at how to optimise the delivery of this vital phase of kidney care.
By the end of the symposium you will have learnt about:
• Key outcome data which is available for this population as well as the data we should be collecting
• Causes of and approaches to inequalities in this population
• How to put the patient at the centre of decision making as they consider treatment options
• How to widen choices and optimise care for patients with high BMI and for frailer older patients
• The UKKA/KQuIP National Advanced Kidney Care Quality Improvement Project
You will also gain:
• Top tips for managing common problems in these patients such as anaemia and fluid overload
• Practical experience through a small group workshop matching real clinical cases to possible optimal treatment modalities.
For more info: