Nursing and Midwifery Revalidation
To be able to continue practicing as a registered nurse or midwife you will need to revalidate every 3 years with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
The requirements for revalidation over a 3 year period are:
- A minimum of 450 practice hours
- 35 hours of continuous practice development (CPD) relevant to your scope of practice. At least 20 of these hours need to include participatory learning.
- You must obtain at least 5 pieces of practice related feedback
- You must have 5 written reflective accounts which must refer to your CPD, practice related feedback or an event or experience in your own professional practice and relate this to the NMC Code.
- You will need to have a discussion relating to your reflective accounts with another NMC registrant who will then sign the approved form
- You must provide a health and character declaration
- You must declare that you have appropriate professional indemnity arrangements
- Demonstrate to a confirmer that you have met the revalidation requirements
Further information on revalidation can be found on the NMC revalidation microsite
The NMC code for nurses and midwives can be found at the following link
The Royal College of Nurses also provide additional guidance on revalidation here